Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turtle is at his summer home. Taught my 15 year old brother in law how to drive a stick this weekend. Probably will be the only three speed he will ever see in his life. Even the Dakota's auto is a four speed. He appreciates the ease of driving the 2000 V8 Dakota, but he loves driving the Turtle on the backroads. No serious rock crawling, but I don't think that he has ever been in a vehicle that went through the deep ditches or drove at the angles we did on the side of a hill like that before. All very tame compared to what I see some Commandos doing on this board, but he is city born and raised (should have seen the googly eyeballs he had as we drove on those backroads!).

· Registered
457 Posts
Hurc, My very first JR. High, 14 years old with drivers ed. vehicle was a 49 WO!!! Three on the column. Rolling backwards downhill in 1st gear and dumping the clutch (to'Get Some Rubber!!!')was hard on the spyders!

Clint Wortham
Ashdown, Arkansas
'71Wagon,D44's,SOA,Q's,P/S,FDiscs,TH400,Lockers,231...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.