Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody offered me a Superchip for my 1995 (5 speed) SE-V6 Pathfinder. Anybody ever heard if this is worth of, what advantages / disadvantages? Any clues are welcome, please stand in a line... Thanks

JP Velasquez
1993 4x4 Hardbody King Cab
1995 4x4 Pathfinder SE-V6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From what I've heard they aren't worth the money you have to pay for them new, and the increase in gains are not all that significant compared to the GM and BMW (Below Minimum Wage) chips and I think some of the Ford one are worth while. I guess if you can get it for a good price it might not be to bad, but come to think of it I remember someone mentioning on a post that they can bugger-up your computer after awhile and also shorten your engine life or something??
Who know maybe that person will respond to this post also???

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DONT GET A JET CHIP! I spoke to another nissan buddy of mine a long while back, and the blasted thing would not work on his path. Their customer service dept was not up to par either. They had to send it back three times (long time without truck). The final attempt still didnt work, and the poor fella had to be walked through installing his factory chip over the phone. Not worth it in my book. I was considering this myself, and after this horror story, I changed my mind...quick! Jet is about the only person out there that makes a chip for the path also. Spend your 300 bucks or so on something else would be my suggestion. Hope this helps you out.

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I remember someone mentioning that to me a while ago!
Thanks Wade!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot guys , this is what I wanted to hear. Anyways this is a Superchip from the UK, they say they've got a lot of experience but God only knows ....

JP Velasquez
1993 4x4 Hardbody King Cab
1995 4x4 Pathfinder SE-V6

1 - 5 of 5 Posts