Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just a quick question, I own a 91 Wrangler with the 4.0L engine. I recently purchased a used car that came with 2x engines. (One in car, and one all apart) anyhow I have a spare Supercharger from the 89 Ford T-Bird SC and was wondering if the Stock Injectors would keep up. Or if I would need to install larger ones. Also if the Computer is going to throw a fit. The installation dilemma actually looks pretty straightforward. I know that Turbo City has a kit for these engines (installs a Turbo) but is rather expensive. I have the spare parts from that donor motor (supercharger, wastegate etc.) And since this isnt my daily driver anymore would be willing to give it a whirl (pun intended). Has anyone attempted this or any suggestions ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Four Wheeler did a write up about a supercharger TJ a few months ago. I dont have the issue anymore, you could probably get ahold of them and get a back issue.

Cut to shape, hammer to fit, paint to match /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Project '51 willy's total rebuild /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif fyi. You can go with Rimmer or Hesco. There are others out
there also, but they only tested on newer 4.0L Jeeps (on newer 4.0L
puts out more torque at lower rpm (2800), than older 4.0L engine).
Kits normally comes with extra injector(s) for WOT, plus you might
want to remove after market chip (if any). Blower(s) are design to
work with stock timing, with aftermarket chip(s) and you could say bye
bye to your motor /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif. Oh, you wanna to have free flow exhaust
system (not just from cat back)/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif.

I wanna put one in my 91 also, but its going have to wait till I get
motor rebuild (140k miles with Jetchip stage II, turbo city throttle
body, 160 degree thermostat and K&N filter)/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Nycjeep :) /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i few comments in the world of super charging in turbos, a certain modes are not as effective upgrades on s/c and turbos, for example the stock injectors will probbably be sufficient (not definate) but the bigger problem is will your fuel pump be deliverying enough fuel that the motor is not starving for fuel, ( what i mean is that if the pump cant keep up with the demands of the fuel pump than u will plain out not get the fuel) i would do a lot of research before diving in because there is alot to account for!!!
i have a tubo in my car... and they are alot of fun in a car !!! it has some mods done to the car, and the best thing is it is a 4banger and i have taken out many of v8 not all of course! ahh this spring is the real challange my friend has a 97 cobra, i am working on beating him!!
also will the super charger give u more power and tourqe where the jeep needs it? i know toyota had a turbo in there pick up for a while but they faded out of them real fast.
hope this was help to u

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.