Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Going to be taking my bud's 94 YJ on a long camping trip this coming summer. I'm a carburetor guy - can any of you computer-type guys give me some input as to what you would carry for spare parts for this injected thing? It's a 4.0 5-spd. For my carbed YJ I would normally take a $20 fuel pump, fuel filter, radiator hoses, belts, and a spare pickup and coil for my HEI, and that's about it, save for the standard tire puncture repair kit, duct tape, ...all the standards.

I know the fuel pump is big bucks, and is in the tank, or something like that, and what about stuff like throttle position sensors, MAP this or sensor that???? I have no clue, and he just bought the Jeep not long ago, and is learning also.

I'm trying to convince him we take my carbed YJ, but... his *is* in nicer shape, and has like 100K less miles on it... /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Should we just get a AAA membership? /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Thanks guys,
Pete

88YJ, 4"susp, 33"BFGMT, 9k#winch, rear homemade swingout, reb.258, 999, 4.10, weber32/36, GMHEI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.