Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i know i should be able to figure this out right? Anyway my question lies in the way the bolts are supposed to go. for the tcase drop you need to remove all 4 bolts, and replace them with new longer ones, and spacers. I already have the kit, just haven't put it in yet. So on each side where the bolts are you have a bolt going up (hex head on bottom, nut on top) and you have a bolt coming down (nut on bottom, hex head on top) The ones coming up seem to be the easy ones, but where is the NUT>??? is it welded in there (and where is there), or will i need to fish it out and line it up to the bolt?

Now the ones coming down. I take the nut off right- then how do i get the bolt out, where is the little bastard, hopefully it's not welded in, how would i get the new one in there. I know a bunch of you have done this, so let me know. I'm pretty lucky at 5ish inchs have hace ZERO vibs, but i wanna get it in there before i get to the 7".

Thanks Guys,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE extended slip yoke.
RE adj trackbar
Quadratec SS Brakelines
31" goodyear wrangler at's
Sway-bar disco's

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey but the qestion still lies, where do i access the tops of the bolts? are they in the unibody, under the carpet....??? For the ones with the nuts at the bottom do i hammer the bolts out and let they float somewhere HELP.

Thanks

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 on each side on mine have nuts, i swear. They are the ones i assume that have the bolt coming down and then there is a nut on the bottom (the part you can see from under the truck)

Thanks

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ignore this pic test

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
smiley & XJ89XJ,

thanks guys i get it now, what can i say i'm inbred (not really). Anyway drilling that 1 3/4" hole sounds like a good idea, that was my next question actually, how to get the new nuts on!

Thanks Guys,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.