Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the background on the situation: I went out to the site fine, then got stuck coming back in our 7300 lb. six-pack truck (but at least it has 34 x 9 Super Swampers). I couldn't winch it out, having only one birch tree which was uprooted, so we had to come back next day with the track vehicle to pull it out. That's a lot of mud to wash off, and even more paperwork to fill out. But, who else gets stuck in the middle of the woods while doing their job?

jason

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Wait a minute, thats a Pull-Pal in the back and an 8275 (150' of cable) on the front. Now exactly how stuck were you? Did you have a bottle jack? It doesn't look that stuck to me.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
So you got paid to wheel?Aint nuthin wrong with that,bring on the mud!!Still dont see how it got stuck though.

Hey,I know a shortcut....../wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Ya can see in da first pix the diffy trail.. 3 ruts, 2 from the tires and one from the differential. HIGH CENTER, DOH!!!! Happens all the time with my 29"....

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, Xenon lights, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I work in Alaska, maintaining arrays of seismometers for underground nuclear detonation treaty monitoring. None of the seismometers are easy to reach by vehicle, and it doesn't help us taking 10 lbs. of truck down a 5 lb. trail. The trails up here get saturated, and the only thing that'll save you is a low ground pressure(7300 lb. truck, 34" x 9" tires, that's not a low ground pressure). Now the Sammi however, need to get my 33's on soon....

jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts