Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side door seems to have shot it's load. I shut the door, locked it, and now it won't open...

I can't wedge open the "teeth" that hold the door to the car (a little knob looking thing)... (don't know the technical names for these things...)/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif

Bottom line... I now have to climb out the passenger's side... any ideas how to break this open? Do I need new linkage inside? Covered by manufacturer warranty? (I bought an extendo for just such an occassion!)

Thanks in advance!

Jon-YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond, MORE, & more
still working!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow Jon, that sucks. Did you try a sledgehammer? Chainsaw? Just kidding.

Really, I have problems with the driver's door on my '94 as well, but not quite the same as yours. My lock is all screwed up, but the door still opens.

I really don't think I can offer much help, but I would suggest to take off the door panel and start fiddling around in there. There has to be something that is relatively obvious that has broken and is binding up the mechanism.

Sorry for the lack of assistance...

Marc
Contagious Racing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, its a 94 with 40k miles on it... shouldn't break, right?

The story behind the breakdown:

I was in Glamis, cresting the last dune before camp, and sunk into the sand all the way to the transfercase... I opened the door, all the way forward, not *thinking* of the consequences of 4 moving wheels... well, the bottom/rounded corner caught on the front tire, and bend the door, rounded up the corner, and bent the bracket that holds the door to the jeep... This is the first time I've locked the doors since then.. /wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif

Moral of the story: watch your doors! /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Jon-YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond, MORE, & more
still working!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.