Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they make a Stroker kit for the 2.5 in wranglers or cherokee's 94 or newer, or does the turbo city deal for the 2.5 really work? anyone tried it?
thanks
mIkey

(\/)ikey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A guy in my club just added a Rimmer supercharger to his 94 YJ 4 banger. It was like $3000, and he thought that was a little cheaper than dropping in another engine (with adapters, wiring, down time, etc) My only question is on the survivability of his stock 5 speed tranny. He has the Super 35 kit in his D35 so it should last.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but the rod journals on the 4.0 and 2.5's are a little larger than Chevy rods. A good machine shop that specializes on crank grinding can probably "off-set" grind your crank about .110 to use Chevy rods. If this is the case, you should be able to stroke a 2.5, use chevy rods and pistons for a cheap price. I am in the process of doing this to a 5.2l that I picked up. I would go to your local machine shop and see if anybody there can crunch some numbers to make it work. You will also have to figure the proper piston pin height for proper deck and crankshaft counterweight clearance. Balancing shouldn't be too much of a problem as Chevy rods and pistons come in a variety of weights, and 4 bangers balance easy. And an increase in .110 is stroke will be very noticable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.