Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,929 Posts
I am in the process of restoring the emmissions system on my '85. I have replaced all of the vacuum hoses and am still checking the function of all the sensors. Before the hoses were fixed, my Jeep would idle but bogged often and generally ran like crap if you really gassed it. Since replacing the hoses and checking that everything was connected to the right stuff it has alot more power and doesn't bog. However it idles at 1000 rpm with the idle screw turned all the way out. I am going to finish checking all of the sensors and then adjust my carb. I am expecting it to run better once everything is working.

PS- I am doing all of this in preparation for the GM HEI install. I think that the combination of a functional computer/emmision system and the HEI will offer the best performance for the least money and will easily pass any emmisions testing. We aren't subject to tests but I prefer to be prepared.

1985 CJ7 4.2L, T-176, Dana 300, 2.5" lift, 32"BFG MT, Durabak On-Board Air

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.