Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so most beadlocks arent street legal but what about the hummer ones that have a D.O.T stamp on them ? because they also say millitary use only if im correct. Can you use the rims on the street once a millitary vehicle is sold to the public or must you get different ones?? Probably a dumb question but is there any definate answer on this?

· Registered
1,574 Posts
No one has ever found any written info that says beadlocks are illegal. Run em, and play dumb. There are enough fake beadlocks out there that no one will probably know anyway.. not that they're really looking either.

· Registered
19 Posts
If they have a DOT approval stamp, they are approved for street use.

If they do not have a DOT stamp, they are technically not legal for road use.

The OEM civilian Hummer rubber beadlocks, and the rubber runflat/beadlock combos (both made by Hutchinson) are DOT approved.

The military magnesium runflat/beadlocks are not.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
If they have a DOT approval stamp, they are approved for street use.

If they do not have a DOT stamp, they are technically not legal for road use.

The OEM civilian Hummer rubber beadlocks, and the rubber runflat/beadlock combos (both made by Hutchinson) are DOT approved.

The military magnesium runflat/beadlocks are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

My military H1's, with mag runflats have a DOT stamp on every wheel.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
I cut the runflats down to just the base. I have no other use for the RF's other than the beadlock capabilities they provide. The wheels themselves have been recentered to fit my K5. They've been done correctly, and are safe for me and my family, and the others on the road around me. That's good enough for me.

I'm pretty sure no one will stop me, even to check.

G

·
I'm newbie here

Hello! I'm Crystal. I am almost 19. :)
I guess forums.off-road.com - wonderful name for this site! ;)
It is so cool here, especially in this category.
I was surfed about 2 hours before found this forum. I think i'll be here for a long time! :-*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.