Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Yamaha Banshee go flying down the highway in front of my house earlier today. It had tags, mirrors, and signals. Was this bike street legal with insurance or was it just someone wanting to get somewhere real fast? I live in SC and I thought there was a law against 2 stroke (or it may be in CA). Can anyone confirm that it was legal or just someone wanting an SSR-21 in their name?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yes i read an artical in 4 wheel atv action where you can buy a kit that has all the mirrors, lights,etc... that you need to be street legal in CA all you need to do is get it lisenced and insured :) :) :)

· Registered
2,078 Posts
That article however pertained to the warrior which is a 4 stroke. I do not believe 2 stroke motors are street legal at all. But what do I know hahha...
anyway it was the June 2000 edition of 4-wheel ATV Action. I did look through the review and it only speaks of the warrior for being street legal. The cost for the convertion kit is almost 2000.00 and to me it doesnt seem worth it...kinda takes the fun out of an atv if ya ask me....

anyway that is just my $.02

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away! Long Live the ORV!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 stroke bikes should be street legal..after all the bike where the banshe motor came from is allowed on the street and the KE100 by kawasaki is 2 stroke also. You have to admit a banshee that is street legal would be a lot of FUN!!!

"Loofer"
'88 Banshee /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think of what would happen...the roadpavers would lose their jobs because of excessive amounts of rubber being laid down by us, right? maybe they'll give us a tax break! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif -Mike

74' DT100 78' IT175 84' ATC250R 85' K20 88' CR250R
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.