Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '95 truck with a VG30E six cylinder. After every start, the valves(?) start to make a ticking sound whenever I put a load on the engine. You can not hear it while idling, it must be loaded. After a few minutes of driving or warming up it seems to go away until it is restarted again. It seems like something is not getting lubrication initially. It is coming from the passenger's side of the engine block. I'm not sure if that is cylinders 1,3, & 5 or 2,4, & 6. I don't have my manual with me. I have 65K miles on my truck and it just started about 25 miles ago. Any ideas or information would be appreciated.

sb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are you sure it's valve train related? Could it be the infamous Nissan exaust manifold bolt problem. Very similar symptoms are experienced with this problem. As the engine warms the manifold warps back tight against the head and presto, no more noise until it has a chance to cool again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're exactly right. I just read the other posts on the list and that is exactly what it is. Thanks.

sb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts