Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jeep decided it was going to leak oil yesterday, but it was weird. It didnt leak until I turned it off, and then oil just started running out somewhere just in front of the block. Could be from the oil pump, but I thought they would only leak when they were under pressure, not when they werent. Any suggestions? Need it in good shape for jeeping this weekend.

cjcrawler
"The Beast"
74CJ,304,D20w/Tera Low 3.15:1, dana30&44wlockrights,fullcage,woods'shafts, 33" BFG MT's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If oil is pouring out, you better find out why...If oil is just leaking, and you can't find the problem, just throw a few quarts in the hellbox and have fun. Keep a eye on the oil level though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could it be from a mechanical oil pressure line? Mine is right above the oil pump and decided to split in the driveway just after a weekend long Jamboree. At least it wasn't on the highway! I think my jeep has some self-preservation skills.

81 CJ7 304/904/D300 scout 44's locked, full cage, 33"wildcats, warn HS9500i, bush bar from hell and diamondplate sides to cover gaping rust holes!! Coming soon OBA!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not the oil pressure line, that was replaced about a month ago. It isnt even really a leak. Its just fine when its not on or when its running, but as soon as you turn it off about a cup or two of oil runs right onto the ground. It starts as soon as the engine quits and only lasts a few seconds. Weirdest thing I have ever seen.

cjcrawler
"The Beast"
74CJ,304,D20w/Tera Low 3.15:1, dana30&44wlockrights,fullcage,woods'shafts, 33" BFG MT's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts