Off Roading Forums banner

strange bolt heads on bumper

352 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  **DONOTDELETE**
what do you call these funny looking heads on the bolts that hold the front stock bumper to frame? one is loose and want to tighten. is there a male socket that goes on ratchet? who carries this tool?
my jeep buddies will know this one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
You need a torx socket to go on the end of your rachet. Might as well get a whole set since there are many other bolts on a jeep that have a torx head. If you want to get just the one for the bumper you'll need a number 55 torx socket. You can get these at any parts store or even hardware stores too.

87 wrangler - 258
get a good set.. the cheap ones only strip
the sizes say t-5 t-55 t-whatever

it's sort of still a cj thingy....
I always replace the torx with standard bolts whenever possible. You'll wish you had a couple of years down the road when you
want to remove them. Especially if you are near a corrosive enviroment. And don't forget the neverseize.

Stainless with anti-seize...............

all I have to say is: Torx bolt, windshiled and ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Hate those things!

Jon - YJ94
Amen. Torx bolts are the worst things ever invented. I'm gradually replacing every one I have with a "real" bolt.

Texas Mojo /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
94 YJ, 2.5, AX5, 231, 4.11s w/EZLockers, 31/10.50R15 BFG MTs
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.