Off Roading Forums banner

straight six from a jeep in a 2 seater rail?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Ok, I have a the straight six out of my totaled jeep along with the tranny which was then connected to my transfer case but the tcase is broken. I was wondering what you guys would do with these if you wanted to put them in rail. anyone know anywhere to look for the design plans for such a rail? I'm thinking of stroking it out as well. I want this thing to be as fast as possible since I live in pismo beach. I want to be competition to the guys out there. I'm tired of getting beat by a bunch of valley guys. It's time to win one for the locals.... not that the locals here don't have nice trucks..... just not me. If anyone is in the area and would like to help with such a project, post.

G
#4 ·
It's all about the power to weight ratio!

Chosing the right paddle tire is important to. Don't go with to big a paddle. wheel spin can be a good thing.

There are no frames made for what you want. Just find a used buggy and modify it. A VW link pin front end works well.

As mentioned above Kennedy is the adapter company to adapt.

Have fun, that's what is important. There are to many people with to much money competing for first place. Just do your thing and enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.