Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the price tag is on this project?I need new cv axels so i thaught now would be agood time.Also what is the advantages of this. I mostly put my truck in the mud i don't do any rock climbing.pavement sucks,putem in the mud. /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif81 datsun 720 4x4 /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a ballpark figure would be appricated.also pros and cons of straight axel and IFS

pavement sucks,putem in the mud. /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif81 datsun 720 4x4 /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pros of solid axle - stronger axle, more articulation, easier to lift, more choices for lockers, it looks cool.
Cons - it's expensive, especially if you have a shop do all the work. I've seen quotes of around $5k.

Pros for IFS - It came free with your truck/pathfinder

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unless you are into heavy duty wheeling (the kind where you expect body damage, etc.) it is not really necessary, especially for the asking price.

Your truck won't handle as well, or be as road frendly. But it Will kick ass off road!!!

If you do it all yourself and are careful with your parts selection you "might" be able to do it for $1500-2000, if you have someone else do it, look at the $5000+ range.

In my book, there is no question, I am doing it.....but I also have a different truck as a daily driver, and some money to burn.

A gas axe and Duct Tape is all you need
Tim
'95 Nissan HB
'87 Range Rover
[email][email protected][/email]
http://www.fareast4x4.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna do mine when I move up to Indiana (in a couple months). I guess I'm just gonna have to show up all those damn Toyotas and Suzukis at the Badlands.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys but i don't think i want to spend that kind of cash right now.

pavement sucks,putem in the mud. /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif81 datsun 720 4x4 /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.