Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres quite a few of you with similar trucks as to my GMC, RJ, and MNorby do off the top of my head. did you guys have those trucks when they were completely stock, cuz i was wondering 235/75/R15s just dont look like the right size tires? are they?

G

·
My dad had an '86 Chevy before he got his Dodge, and the Chevy did have 235/75/r15's. A friend from school had 235's and he went up to 31x10.50's, that was on an '89 though, looked much better.

"Whats my age again.."

· Registered
3,298 Posts
Yeap. All of the half ton 81-87 came standard with 235x75r15 tires on them. You could get the Pro-Rally wheels which came with the equivalent to 31x10.50r15's on them. I had the first setup on my truck and now I have the latter.

· Registered
1,532 Posts
I've seen some pics of Steve Watson's Jimmy...a.k.a. ORD Jimmy stock, and it is sad looking...smallest tires on a K5 I've ever seen...sure has come a long way.

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no wrath, those are the rims my Scottsdale has, my GMC had different ones, but all the 4x4 old trucks like mine around here have them so im sure there stock. ill try and get a pic scanned asap

· Registered
1,532 Posts
I think almost all the older trucks have those rims or the bullet hole ones that came later, maybe in 86...seen them on as early as an 83 though, they look like Eagle 589s.

G

·
I'm slow on the punch. Mine came with 31x10.5 when I bought it. It had the 15x8 rally rims with chrome rings. Painted the wheels black and it looked really sharp but sold them for $100 after I got aluminum wheels

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.