Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife wanted a driver/wheeler, have a rig ready for an annual Labor Day weekend run, and wanted to compete in Werock Stock Modified class next season, so we started a 92 YJ project for her a couple days ago.
Plans are: remount engine/tranny/t-case, twin sticked dana 20 with fwd, pull 3" body lift off, SOA lift, locked Wagoneer dana 44's f & r with traction bars, FOX 2.0 Emulsion shocks, 35" BFG mud terrains, tube front fenders, new full cage, bumpers, PRP daily driver buckets, matching PRP bench, Crow Harnesses, Winchline synthetic winch rope and spotter straps, and probably things I am missing.
The start

Extra wiring

Stripped out the weak links

Rear axle in, 3" body lift still on

Front bumper, shackle reversal

If I can get away from working on other peoples stuff for a bit, I should have it back on all four, body lift pulled and running this weekend, start the new cage and be ready for seats by the beginning of the week.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been somewhat slow going, but still planning for the 3 day weekend, I won't shortcut just to change it later soley to finish by the holiday, so some cosmetic things may not get done by then, but oh well.
SOA is on, all old shock mounts, swaybar mounts, etc have been cut off and ground clean, body lift removed, twin stick shifters built and front drive only available.

Last night and tonight knocked out the majority of the cage, PRP seats and bench showed up today, so tomorrow will be seat mounts, and finish the cage, then onto mechanical stuff.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, for the most part it was done for the holiday weekend. Had a few hiccups, tranny line blew apart (trail fixed and back out), distributor module went out overnight (new module in morning, then back out), and a carb not liking th ealtitude (will be going FI anyways).
Other than the few small problems it worked great and needs very little tweaking, but still needs some finishing stuff.
Crystal drove it 99% of the time with my sister and her two kids, they all had a blast.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, thought I would update the post of this rig.
My wife drove and the guy I spot for wifes spotted for her in Goldendale last weekend. They were the only full female team and took 14th out of 16, had a lot of fun and made it through two days of tough courses.
We acutually did some work the week bewfore the event, so they really had no seat time before their fist comp.
We added Detroits & 4.88's front and rear, some Trailready beadlocks, cutting brakes, TPI injection, Crane High Clearance diff covers, knuckles and high steer arm, PSC hydraulic assist and rear tube fenders to match the front, and primered it lt grey in preparation for paint.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.