Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Yeah- Carter BBDs are extremely sensative to the elements. You MUST have all the gaskets in place and a very good air filter to keep them running. If the gasket from the air-box to the top of the carb is missing, an old oil-filter gasket will work, or you can get some gasket material in a roll and cut out your own. If you haven't rebuilt your carb yet- go get the kit and do it. You will learn tons about your carb. You two will get really intimate, you'll feel violated, you'll put it back together with a bunch of new parts and she'll run great. Put a new fuel filter and air-filter (or re-charge you K&N if it needs it) to keep out the contaminets. Buy a bucket of carb cleaner to soak stuff in- you can re-use this solution next time you rebuild the carb (if you haven't replaced it by then) and a spray-can of carb cleaner (to use on the trail.)
I really hope this helps. If you want another BBD I've got one as a door-stop around here somewhere...

My Jeep is just a leaky submarine in disquise

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.