Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the trails today and my steering shaft pops out of the steering box. I have a 3 inch body lift that may be causing the problem
but when I get it back in it knocks and will not steer sharp. I was told there is a pin on the end that is probably rounded off if this is
true where can I get this pin or do I have to buy a new shaft which I'd rather not do. Any input would help. Thanks

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
take the steering shaft out and drill the little plastic pins that hold the 2 halves of the steering shaft together.. then extend your shaft a bit... while it's out, inspect the teeth on the shaft and the bolt that goes through the coupler. there is no way it should ever come off if these 2 components are in fine shape.
ps.. if you would tell us a bit more about your jeep in your profile, it would be easier to help you...ie..year/model....etc..

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....see it at www.jeepgod.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take it apart tomorrow and see what's up. Thanks. I updated my profile. I'm having this problem with the 76 q-trac.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.