Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

My 84cj7 Turns more to the right than left. I have to do a Kturn when making a left turn. Right turns are great.
the steering stops have been taken out!

Any reason why?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm having the same problem with my 77, the turning radius is absolutely lousy, I think it might be the steering box(which I'm praying it isn't)..one other problem I was having was the right front tire was rubbing the leaf spring, which will get fixed with adjusted backspacing, as soon as I get new brake lines and tires, argh. If you figure out what it is, let me know, and I'll do the same...

Steve
98, 4", 33's, CB, Winch, Custom tire carrier, Battle Scars

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
There is a gear in the steering box that can strip out with wear and tear (normal on older CJ's) which does not prevent steering but will cause slop or uneven
steering (turning more to left than to right or vice versa). The steering box would have to be rebuilt to fix it. Replacing with a used box would most probably
have the same problem.

Keep on Jeepin'
Scott

·
Official Historian
8,275 Posts
sounds like your draglink is a little out of adjustment. if you shorten it, you will get more movement to the left. i had to do the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.