Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steering correction for 2\"-3\" lift

With a 2"-3" lift, will I need steering correctionin the form of a dropped pitman arm? I am reversing the shackles, if this makes any difference. Also, I am getting Dana 44 axles to put under my Jeep near the end of this month, would a high-clearance steering kit be of any practicle use on a spring-under rig?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Re: Steering correction for 2\"-3\" lift

I have 4" susp lift and could get away with my orig pitman arm but eventually put a dropped one on. Also, some shackle reversals will give you 1" of lift depending on the brand.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

G

·

I did a 3" lift on my CJ and corrected the steering by putting the tierod and draglink on top of the steering arms. Get a 7 1/2 deg. taper
reamer bit and drill the steering arms from the top. This will give more clearance and put the tierod and draglink parallel.

Gary

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks Gary, I always though it would be better to move things UP to make them work than down. BTW- I got the Full-Traction shackle-reversal kit. It is fully bolt-on so it gives a 2" lift (since the rear shackle hanger doesn't go straight into the frame.) I'm using rear OME springs to level things out at 2", and may go with a .5"-1" lift shackle (or wait and save up for Revolvers.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.