Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
722 Posts
Hi Nick,

I'd put my money on the Bendix.. I had that on one of my previous Jeeps. I took the starter to an automotive electrical repairshop over here in Crawley and they charged me around £30 to repair it.

Hooch

'83 CJ-7 258/TF999/D300 in Land Rover Country

· Registered
722 Posts
Thin on the ground?? There are loads of Jeepers over here.. Btw, there is another bloke I know with a CJ in London... He lives in Ealing W3.. Funny one.. He's from New Zealand and at the moment spending an absolute fortune on his CJ.

Are you aware of the All Fours Jeep Club? http://www.jeepclub.co.uk

Where about do you live in London? I live not far from London myself (East Grinstead).

Hooch

· Registered
722 Posts
Oops, The penny finally dropped!! You mean on this board don't you? Best place to be if you ask me... These are all great guys and if you've got a problem, you can count on it that you will have at least some answers and often very good ones in no time... Beats any garage!!

Hooch

· Registered
722 Posts
Nick,

My girlfriends mum lives in Acton W3 and I am up there every now and again. Next time I am up there I'll have to pop by... I know what you mean, my girlfriend is always moaning... She likes the CJ to go for a ride in, but doesn't like the money I spend on it...

As for Herculiner on the outside??? You can use it on the inside, but I wouldn't recommend using it on the outside... Btw, I am sure I've seen Durabak for sale in the U.K. (This is the South African equivalent, isn't it?). Can't remember where, but I'll have a look.

Hooch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.