Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
im curious. Anyone out there running the goodridge stainless steel brake lines on their pathfinder or truck? Ive heard great things about them, Nismo has them, but im not sure on price (need to call em and ask, unless someone out there knows the cost?). Im already running powerstop crossdrilled front rotors, and had great luck out of them. My pedal is quite spongy, but the truck stops great. Just want to get the old pedal feel back, and get a little more stopping power. Another nissan buddy said that they will increase stopping power to some extent. Any ideas folks? Thanks in advance for any help!

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ordered them for my 300ZX and they should arrive within a day or two. I will let you know how they work when I get them installed. I've been told they firm up the pedal pressure significantly. They cost around $100 for all four (most vehicles).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do they make the stainless steel brake lines for 720 trucks? If so where do you get them?

Bernie
'86 720 "The Stain"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the lines, but I don't know when I am going to install. I will create a new post when I do. If you are looking for a little more stopping power, look into some Raybestos "BruteStop" pads. I have them on the Z and have been very pleased with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a bit off-topic, but have any off you guy's tried using a proportioning valve for your brakes??? Just a thought, the lines might not be your problem, or even try a bigger master cylinder???

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty sure we already have a proportioning valve already (at least for the D21's). It could need adjusting however. Another possible culprit could be old fluid that has absorbed a ton of water or possibly some air in the lines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's cool, mine didn't come with one, although it wouldn't matter now anyway since I'm using a much bigger Master cylinder from a Dodge because of my Chevy rotor assembly. I need to check into that though, I'm almost positive there was no stock in-line valve with mine?? Hmmmmmmmm!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts