Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I`ve got about 2000 miles on the CJ since it`s been back on the road . New everything ! Including the spring bushings and shackles . Man , the last couple hundred miles they are really beginning to bug me /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif . Are there any tricks to shutting them up ? Thats aside from buying the greaseable ones and tossing the ones I just bought in the garbage . I really like these ones and dont want to toss em` . Where do you think the noise originates from , the metal sleeve inside the poly bushing or is it the spring hanger against the poly bushing ? I was out Steelhead fishing today and putting down the side of this small creek and checking out how everyone was doing and it was peaceful and quiet there and all I could hear was those bushings squeaking up a storm . I think all the fisherman there noticed too . /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

Jeff /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
543 Posts
white lithium grease works well for keeping them quiet, and doesnt get tossed off as easy. The MORE greasable bolts would be the way to go, but the grease would shut them up for a while.

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya ok , I`ll grease em up and see how long that lasts before I invest in the special bolts .

Jeff /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.