Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1976 CJ-7, with a 304 and 35" mudders for now. Pro's and Con's of doing an SOA. Any input would be helpful, including info about how difficult it is to do. Should you use arched springs or stock springs. I've also heard of people using stock wrangler springs on their CJ's when doing an SOA. I want to be able to keep 35's on, or at least 33's, so with that in mind, what would you recommend?
Thanks for your help!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I prefer the SOA over the SUA with arched springs. The ride is superior and the cost is far cheaper. A SOA using your own factory springs will usually yeild a 5 1/2" lift from your stock height, this is plenty of room for your 35" tires. If you are looking for something that will really perform on the trail and will see lots of hard trail use then I would use a set of Wrangler springs.
You will need to use a drop pitman arm to correct your steering and you may possibly need to buy or build a set of traction bar to help with axle wrap. Also, you need to get a set of longer brake lines, either braided or longer factory style lines from a 1985 3/4 2WD suburban. If you want to just e-mail me and I will see if I can clear some of this stuff up for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.