Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting wrangler springs on the front of my CJ-8 for my SOA conversion. I had on Tomken spring hangers and I like how beefy these and others like slickrock are. I just can't go back to those cheap factory style mounts.

Does anyone know if anyone makes a spring hanger designed for the wider springs and uses the original mounting holes? And moves the eye out an inch or so. If it uses the original holes, than it won't affect the power steering mount or the aftermarket support bracket. Anybody been through this.?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I believe JKS makes what you're after. I remember seeing them on ORC several months ago. Really, you can just keep what you have and install Toyota-style shackles...this is what RE supplies in their Extreme Duty kits. The springs aren't significantly longer.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have gone ahead and ordered the JKS spring hangers. It sounds like an awesome product. Just what I was looking for.

I was planning on using the currie shackles for towing. I have been flat towing from the bumper. The angle for the two bar was pretty steep. So now after increasing the lift and going bigger on tires, I think it may help on the angle by towing from the shackles.. Of course I'm still looking for a great deal on a trailer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.