Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
well asking here you will get people that are pro this and pro that....
Me I am a major yamaha fan...but i do note other machines that are worthy...i cant tell you anything about the mojove becuase i dont know enough about it...
the warrior is a tried and true ride and i love em...the 300ex i have not messed with much either...but have done the 400ex and i would take a warrior over it....

if you are a rider and have decent experience prior to your time away from the sport...u may get tired of the 300ex...but i dont know....the warrior has reverse and is tight....

whateverya decide...good luck!!

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
you ask why I choose the warrior over the 300EX?

Well, the warrior I believe that is more stable from what I have seen. Both machines have bad suspension from the factory, but you are able to adjust the warrior suspension much more then the 300EX. The Warrior, contrary to what I have heard so far from the above posts, is not that heavy and I can pull wheelies on it easily. I have jumped the warrior and the 300EX on MX tracks and have taken them through tight trails. THe warrior handled far better.

Now remember that this will all depend on your riding abilities and what you feel to be the most comfortable. I truly believe that the Warrior would be the best bet for you. The reverse will be something you really want for the type of riding you suggested.

Now, the 400EX...well to be honest...I would be mor apt to spend the cash on the Raptor...

I am a yamaha fan, but I will NEVER steer someone in a direction I think they will not be happy with. The warrior in itself has been a very solid machine for our group. The 400EX's that we have here, I am constantly tinkering with because they just can not take the abuse we give them....

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
what is it about the banshee frame that is lacking in durability and quality???

I am 6'1" 290 pounds and I beat the piss out of mine...i hit table tops and doubles hard....and have not tweaked the frame at all...hell it still has stock suspension...just tweaked to my riding style....I will be changing out the suspension when I get cash...but that wont be until winter time, when I take out the motor for bottom side checks....

I do not feel the banshee is a bad choice....and hell...the banshee will smoke ur boys with some MINOR changes....

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
bowtie....I have never strayed from the fact that I LOVE YAMAHA....but I also have pointed people towards other machines. I want to know why I bash a honda for a reason and I get 3 or 4 people jump my ****t....but they can talk up the honda and if i say anything i get jumped....

I like yamaha...I used to like honda....and even before that i liked Suzuki...I have my reasons for it and have made them known...as far as the 400EX....everyone manages to state how it is comperable to a banshee....well..I have WATCHED over and over and participated in the banshee washing the 400EX in trails and MX tracks and down the roads head to head...

The 400EX is a decent machine but it also is NOT one that I would own...because it simply is not in my eyes what it is built up to be...I am growing ever tired of people gettin all up on me because I push what I feel is a great manufacturer....bowtie, ya didnt piss me off...I am just gettin real tired of this being me against the honda fans....its gettin really stinkin old. I will state my opinions...if people dont like them...then dont listen to them...ya get it? The 400EX is a DECENT bike...I do not think it is all that and I do NOT feel it is worth all the hype it got...

I break more skin and knuckles on them stupid ass 400EX's then I have with my banshee that I bought from some nimrod that didnt know how to mod the bike properly.
As far as comparing it to the raptor...well...comparing a 400 to a 350..is that fair?? nope....
the 400EX is not going to compare to a 350 twin 2 stroke either....maybe the advertising people for Honda should have thought about that BEFORE they started saying it was the replacement for the 250r....

Bowtie, the simple fact...I LIKE YAMAHA...and Honda is OK....

I hope this helps...sheeeesh....

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
but see bowtie...this is the exact reason I get tired of defending myself. It is funny because these people think that the 400EX is gonna take the banshee on the MX track or the trails....IT amazes me how a 4 stroke 400 is going to smoke a 2 stroke 350 TWIN on the MX track or trails...I have smoked them with experienced racers on the bike...and I am not a hot racer...hell im an overweight father and coming out of a corner the 400EX does NOT have the ability to jump like the banshee does...this is factual...it comes down to holeshot on every corner....

Now as far as the frame not being capable?? Explain to me why you feel this way...you seem to throw out cheesey comments and never back them....the frame has been solid since 87 with the exception of a few weak spots...if you are intelligent...you add reinforcement....I bet i can find weaknesses on the 400EX frame too...sheeeeesh....if ur gonna play fourstrokefan....at least come up with legit comments....oh and please....explain to me how the 400EX will beat the Banshee on the track with even ability riders...because all that makes me think here is out of the corners...the 4Stroke is NOT going to have the edge at all...running to the upgrade of a jump...I can slam the throttle and get a lil extra...the 4 stroke doesnt have that quick POW that the 2 stroke does...so PLEASE explain this....

bowtie...we be aight....

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
ahahahaha what a candy ass....thats ok....i laugh at him...I most likely ride more then he will this lifetime....

he talks smak...but he still hasnt explained....oh well another one with crap spewing out of his mouth as much as his ass....

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
well thank u 300EX....yes I am a bigger guy but far from obese or fat...lol hell my suit jacket is a 54 across the chest ROFL!!!

I have owned many bowties and even a few Fords...

as far as a gay truck... he thinks a 99 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4 is a gay truck...funny...he attempted to get a rise and all he got was me laughin at his sorry ass....

another funny thing mr stinkyboy....if im that big and IM kickin the [censored] out of the 400EX...what does that say for the 400EX?? can you say your more of a moron then ya thought? I would bet that people say your dumber then ya look alot...

silly kids...computers should be password protected with morons like that in the house....

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
*yawn*

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
bowtie my comments were NOT directed towards you. If you read what I stated it was directed to another person...

sheeslaughter boy...go away yer not wanted...and im done with u....gnite

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
well actually yes I have. I also have a good job and raise a family. But so far all I have seen from you is that you are a child. I am not going to waste my time with your petty garbage here.

Bowtie, I reread how I wrote my statement and it looked like it was directed towards you. I apologize. they were directed towards someone else that was making comments and again I apologize bowtie...

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
hehehehe chris.....*yawn* is it done yet??

AirBorn!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.