Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam trying to remove my spindles and they are stuck on i removed all the nuts including the bolts and beet it silly and the dam things dont want to move any suggestions
jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just take a peice of wood and beat on that with a heavy hammer. Start on the top and move your way around it, hopefully the spindle will eventually come loose.

86 Bronco 4.11's, rear lockrite, front true-trac, custom front prerunner bumper with a 8000lb WARN

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Yep, that's what I do, works every time. DO NOT try to pry it off with a screwdriver or chisel. A guy at the local junkyard did that to mine and I had to put them on the bench grinder to flatten the mounting surface, since that needs to mount flush.

It's a multi-purpose passenger vehicle and it eats SUVs for breakfast...get it straight!

Muddybronco

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I'd soak them from the back with Liquid Wrench then use a light hammer to tap on the flange where the studs stick thru. This should loosen the sand & rust between the spindle & knuckle. I've also used a slide hammer with a 3-jaw puller on a bearing nut./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Steve 83 Bronco 4.9L
Build it; Don't buy it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use a slide hammer with a spindle puller then you dont hahe to worry about ruining the threads or where the bearing rides

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.