Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
::<: One of these days I am going to collect all of the mispelled Jeep terms and make a downloadable post that has the list with the correct word opposite. It really is amazing how much of some posts are mispelled, especially terms that we see every day like "brakes". I know...I know...some of you think spelling doesn't matter when you are looking at sky through the front windshield, and everything is grabbing and pulling like it should; but it's just good practice. Hey, everyone has to fill out applications, forms, resumes, etc. from time to time, and this page would be a good place to hone your verbal/spelling skills.
When I was a kid and a wannabe engineer, I learned techspeak from reading the owner's manuals from our Caterpillars and trucks, and by reading the army surplus manuals that we got with the GI 6 X 6s that we fed cows with. BEFORE you pounce on me for this post, PLEASE understand that this is just a casual suggestion as to how you could benefit by paying close attention to the technical text and spelling the next time you have that repair book open. If you can present yourself well in print, you have a much better chance of making those around you sit up and pay attention. Sometimes that can be handy. Hmmm...? CJDave

CJDave

G

·
Dave, is it really true that the recker erms have something to do with the cemsheft. I already know thet the connecter roods somehow attach to the conkshift. I aso learned recently the droveshift has somehting to do with the differentuls.......

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
That wasn da way dat day teeched me wen I was binded to the chare in klass. No seriously though - Dave's got a good point there.....although communication is the main idea ...how you communicate is a reflection of character...."it's not where you go...it's how you get there".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.