Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be installing a new speedometer cable, does anyone have any advice on the procedure? 84cj7258ci4:10detroitlockers33bfat's

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Re: speedometer cable install- Come on guys!

I was sorry you recieved no replies to your post.
I had a question as to whether I should lubricate the cable as my new one looks kind of dry.
Anyone??

JAF

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I did mine last year and the only hard part was the firewall side of the install; trying to get the rather large cable head through the small grommet was not easy. I'm running several wires through the firewall grommet so it's a pretty tight fit. Question are you replacing the cable and the cable cover ? That's how I did it but, depending on the condition of your cable cover you might go the cable only route and save some dough.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

John,
I have heard several suggestions on lubricating the speedo cable and who knows what is best. If you use grease and you live in a cold climate, it could bind. I have used graphite on one that was "notchy" and it helped smooth it out and quiet it down. I have also heard that white lithium works well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.