Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us with speedo reading problems, how about this: Get a glass or plexi glass cutout of the speedo lens. Blackout the original numbers, decal a set of numbers on the cut out and attach to the speedo cover at the adusted angle to read your correct speed. Saves having to re calibrate your speedo gear or having to think and calculate your speed when you see a cop car.

Wait a minute, I just put 30's on my wifes Grand Cherokee, now her speedo is off; I guess I'll have to rent a car to get my true mph reading. DAMN!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good Idea......except the cost of the decals and plexiglass, the time to make at least three of them because the first 2 broke, pull out the old speedo and take it apart....and put it back together....and assuming that there is enough room between needle and original backplate for the plexiglass to fit....and that you have a way to accuratly determine what your true speed is so you can position the numbers correctly..........

I would be willing to bet that it is quicker and cheaper to just install a new speedo gear in the tranny.....

At least your thinking.....don't stop....

FYI...I wouldn't rent a car.....just speed through a speed trap noteing the indicated speed.....Your traffic ticket will have the actual speed written on it...if your really lucky and you tell the officer why u r speeding, He might help you make some test runs so you can get exact calibration points...

John......southern CA
84CJ7,3"lift,32"BFG,4.11's,ARB,Solid Axle's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.