Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
MacGyver is still on..... What Channel?
Any thing can be done with duck tape and a knife!!!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Mac /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

1975 CJ5 304 V8
JEEP, Anything else is just a car

G

·
Mac, you beat me to it. MacGeyver is the main reason I ALWAYS carry duct tape and a knife in the Jeep! Did you know that on every explosive he built, they left out one ingrediant so the show couldn't get sued by people who wanted to build bombs out of baking soda and some cherry coke./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Steve
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifJust Empty Every Pocket/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Macgyver.. stick of gum and a peice of string and he could get his way out of anything!...

Carl, Tampa, FL, 74 CJ-5
If a Jeep can't take you there, Think twice about going..

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
At least McGyver has some basis in fact...
The A Team and the Dukes of Hazard were complete and utter waste....

If Chris Columbus "Discovered" America (with 25 million already here), Can I Go "Discover" Florida?

·
Registered
209 Posts
MacGuvyer Rulz...He is like the engineers idol...All you really need to suceed in life is a swiss army knife and duct tape...after all duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and holds the universe together...

Josh Lavalleur
'70 CJ5 4.3L V6
D27 & D44 axles
T-14 3-speed, D18 XC, Warn OD

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Speaking of McGyver-like engineering....when the kids were beginning to put two and two together my sons asked me a question about the show: "Gilligans Island"...which was: "Uh...Dad...if the perfesser can make a nuclear reactor out of a coconut, how come he can't fix a hole in their boat and get out of there?" /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif I have to admit, I admired their reasoning./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
just remember guys macguyver is the only person who started a jeep with out tires just the rims, noticed the radiator had a few holes in it, got a chicken, stole the eggs from it, cracked open the eggs poored them into the radoator, just the white part, and poored more water into it, the radiator got hot which fried the egg which closed the holes in the radiator, and then he drove the jeep down rail road tracks! now thats not something u don't see everyday!
haha would that really work?
(\/)ikey

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

G

·
I suppose that I am the ultimate MacGyver junkie. I have every episode on tape, a list of all MacGyverisms and the episode they appeared, a first and second generation MacGyver jacket, a case of duct tape, three Swiss army knives, and drive a YJ.

Now that I see that in print, I now see that I am a very sick man.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
I remember that episode... /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Remember the time MacGyver took the mountain bike, scraped the magnesium (i think) coating off and made that torch he used to cut into the armored car? /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif That show inspired me to get some duct tape and a swiss army knife and keep 'em in the vehicle... How about using the spring in the inkpen to repair the carbuerator? /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Wrangler 88 I've always remembered that episode./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif
I hope I don't get as bad as the last post./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif(just kidding)
We all have our fetishes. How about Micklin (spelling) the mechanic on Black sheep squadron? Like Macgyever with an additude./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Thats one of my old favorites.(man I love planes)

I knew everything when I was 16......How come I'm so stupid now?

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Sorry sandman I meant the one before yours./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif

I knew everything when I was 16......How come I'm so stupid now?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I like the one where he takes a gum foil wrapper and jumps out a cartridge fuse on a three phase disconnect switch. Dave, how come you didn't use THAT in your booklet for fuse repairs???/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
umm.. i actually did put a couple eggs into a radiator once.. and it did work.. i filled the radiator with swamp water and drove home..maybe it was the goop in the swamp water that actually sealed the hole.. i don't know

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

G

·
Alec, only you would have posted this....but hey...you overlooked AIRWOLF!!! How dare you....dont make me hover over your backyard and stick my A$$ out the side of the helicoper and do something you'll have to clean up! Hahaha Hey, Whens Whats-his-name going to call me? I'm waiting!

-Mike

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Laramie SLT Sport Plus--5.9L 360, auto, 3.92s, antispin, BFG A/Ts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.