Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im in ocala (thats in florida)and i am doing a little camping with the boys in the club we decide to go down this trail and we find a nice little mud hole it was full of huge ruts well to make a long story short the old nissan was doing a beautiful job well i stopped and went from 4 hi to lo and when i let off the clutch this noise came out souded like i dropped the drive shaft well its fine dorve alright went back to camp and everything looked good 4wd still works but my t-case isnt glass and i cant see in it so just wondering if yall might know what that noise could have been thanks
PJ

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
cv joint might be going. does it make a clunking noise in all drive modes or just in 4 wheel drive?
thats my best guess and probably your cheapest one too good luck......and sorry i culd'nt get out there and explore with you but we'll have to plan something soon. you knw tony hardbody lives right between us, we could get something going sometime soon maybe
lator

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good man and thanks for the info but it is driving fine now havent been wheelin since though but just slowly in the driveway when i checked it out so i im just going to hope it was nothing
PJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to get that all the time, it's just a combination of your steering linkages binding from time to time due to the limited travel in the front-end. Another sound that might puzzle you once in awhile is the auto-hub's dis-engaging and then re-engaging when you roll-back or reverse your truck when in 4WD.

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Remember God forgives "ROCK'S DON'T" /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts