Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my carb rebuilt and I am wondering whether or not to put the 3/4" spacer plate back on between the carb and the intake. It was between the edelbrock carb and stock intake but when I put a edelbrock intake on to match the carb I left out the spacer. Some people have told me it creates better fuel dispersion and will give you more top end, for open plates, and low end, for plates with holes. Anyone know if I should put my plate back between the carb and intake?

78' Stepside
94' GMC Z71

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Either plate will be more for top end then no plate. This is because it increases plenum volume and increases the distance between the intake valve and the ventrui. The open style increases more of course.
Whether it would be helpful can only be answered by trial and comparing. Not all engines respond the same. There is alot that effects it. There is power to be gained with properly tuned intake and exhaust pulses. But it is a science in it's own.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I played with every spacer option using a Performer, Performer RPM, and Victor Jr. Bottom line was they worked best with no spacer unless the cam was bigger than the intake was designed for. The dual plane manifolds suffered badly in the idle/low-end when used with an open spacer, and showed little improvement at high rpm. A four hole spacer showed little improvement, a homemade divider in an open spacer helped the most on the Performer when I had a big cam. On my motor the Performer RPM and Victor Jr are happy just the way they are.
The whole spacer thing is mainly for racers limited by rules to stock intakes. And they could care less about low-end.

Chevota

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.