Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I had already posted two before that and just forgot. Well it's a 94 Wrangler and like I said before I can't get any power to my coil. One of the guys on my last replies said that one of those wires comes from my altenator, so could my altenator be bad? The thing about the ignition moduler is that I was told was that it is part of the computer. So if the moduler is bad will I have to replace the whole computer unit? Is there any other stops that the wire makes before this like maybe a sensor or something I should check that might be petty. I have checked the auto shutdown contraption and all the fuses and there OK. The only thing that I'm thinking that it could be is my computer, but would it just go out like that? How can I check those hidious electronic parts such as computer, and the ignition module? Thanx everyone.

PS If you need the whole story on how I got in this mess cheack my posts from a couple days back. Thanx again for all your help.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
From what you said, I don't think that the pcm is the problem. You stated that you don't have power to eather side of the coil. The pcm controlls the ground side of the coil, and the a.s.d. relay powers up the coil, injectors, and one side of the alternator field. You should get a test light and check if you are getting power into the asd relay. It is pretty easy to hot wire around, I think that it is term 87 and 30 of the relay. If you pull the relay, the two terminals that form a "T" on the relay center can be jumped to supply power all of the time. Do not jump the side terminals that are parallel to each other, or you will be buying a pcm! Then see if you get spark or power to one side of the coil. If the fuses are good, and you don't get power, check the key switch. Another problem that Wranglers had was the bulkhead connector. You may want to remove it and check if any terminals are burnt, and clean them. I have also seen the wires that plug into the coil brake about one inch from the coil connector, you may want to check there also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.