Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
try a finger pull throttle,i put one on my rap it works real nice, fits with stock cable,billet alum,from dct sports 1-800-576-9163

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
like on a jet ski? i wouldnt think that would be ideal with the front brake...i like twisters myself but whatever works for you

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
twisters???? no. i got on a cr with one, with a huge powerband=crash. i poped a huge wheelie and istuck cause i couldnt get my hand off

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all dirtbike's have twist throttles...a throttle is a throttle, everybody would like twist throttles if they got the cooridnation...i love them, hate riding anything without them...but it's all in preferences.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my old honda has a finger pull and i definitely would prefer a twist throttle much more..... sometimes we ride 60 miles in a day and my thumb is hurtin so bad that my whole hand aches.... of course they have extenders for them too..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the thumb throttle over the twist, I had a twist on a blaster,HATED IT, to much forward and sideways action all at the same time, not enough control

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a thumb throttle with an extender isnt bad, i would definitely like that, i just dont like the ones that are so short....

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
twist on a 2 stroke=crash on my CR60 i almost crash so many times from it stickin when i lean back. zoooooommm....crash too much powerband!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
too much of a powerband on a CR60? stick with ur 300ex...don't ever get on a racing fourwheeler

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It may too late for a response to this question, but every "two carb" atv I've ever owned has had a twist throttle added. That might explain why the guys on the smaller bikes prefer the thumb throttle?

I personally like the twist. I've got one on my Raptor and Banshee. When I raced the Banshee (many years ago) I went to the twist throttle because it gave me more flexibility in the saddle, I could move around without having to worry about my position on the grips.

I have ridden my niece's 300EX and found her thumb throttle to be very comfortable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good point...i think the thing is dual carbs ur pullin two throtle needles at once so it's tighter...so twist is easier, single carb is always easy w/push throttle....ya see what im sayin at all or did i confuse a bunch of people?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.