Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
The RS9000's are available in any length, including stock. I went with them on my Scrambler for one main reason, they're adjustable. For wheeling around home, I usually go light, not much accompaines me except lunch and the straps. When wheeling with the club or an overnight, I bring the kitchen sink, which includes about every tool and spare part known. I picked up the habit from my older brother, who has a '79 CJ-5 (258/T18/D300/OME-YJ2.5"/34"SS/LR's)he does the same thing with. His seat back (high back VW Rabbit seats) broke one day but he didn't notice until he got out because the seat fell against all his junk in the bed. I am a packrat by nature, so I opted for a Scrambler (among other reasons) when looking for a jeep. Needless to say, this adds a lot of weight, hence the adjustable shocks. I also wanted to buy one shock, and with the mods I was making, the Scrambler would be gaining a lot of weight over the course of a few years, so I didn't want to replace shocks part way through the game.
I don't notice the shocks that much when unloaded due to my stiff springs, but I'm working on loosening them up a bit. Jeepsix6 is correct, don't overtighten your shocks, but don't undertighten them so they make noise. Use a locknut and/or loctite (my favorites, along with 1/4" plate steel) and a long enough shock for your needs, don't get one that limits travel.

JEEPN
'97 TJ Sport
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
'71 Commando SC-1
'51 CJ-3A
'47 CJ-2A

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.