Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a soft top for a 1970 Cj-6, any opinions on bestop or kayline? does anyone have one collecting dust in your garage?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just put a bestop supertop on my fiberglass bodied jeep. Worked great, seals tight, and is about as good as a soft-topped anything can get. If your jeep is fiberglass, you may need to figure out your own way of attaching the frame rails to the body tub of your jeep. I've never read any complaints about bestop supertops, and I found them cheaper than kaylines. And to me, the material used in the supertop seemed stronger. I'm not certain how the kayline comes down or goes up, but for the supertop, It's a one man, 3 minute operation. There was a post last week about supertop v. tigertop, and a guy said he had problems with the tigertop not sealing at the windshield and over the doors (the tigertop is the one with the folding "sunroof" feature). But I'd reccomend the bestop supertop wholeheartedly.

Measure once, cut twice...or is that the other way around?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might call Bestop and see if they carry a top for the CJ6. They don't show any applications for them on their website. Kayline's site says they cover the CJ6, but doesn't say which tops they make for it or give any part numbers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My neighbor got a top for his CJ8 from Kayline and he seems happy with it. I don't think Bestop makes tops for the 6's and 8's. I could be wrong though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.