Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my '79 Scout II last year, it included a soft top and all the brackets, etc. needed for installation. I was planning to take the hard top off this summer and try out the soft top, but now I'm having second thoughts. Looking at the current hard top, it appears to be sealed on fairly tightly. I'm now wondering how much hassle is involved with the soft top replacement. Is it something that can be done pretty quickly, and then easily put the hard top back on again in the fall? Or, does it take more effort? I'd rather not bother if it's going to be a big hassle, and I definitely would rather have the hard top firmly in place most of the year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Top installation can be a pain and then you have to store the heavy steel top somewhere. I have a great garage/shop and have rigged a lift to raise it to my fairly high ceiling. I am actually looking for a good soft top, I live in South Florida and would use it most of the time. Let me know if you want to sell it, the color, etc., I might be interested!

Keep on Scoutin' Mark

Steve Mcqueen fan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I didn't even think about the fact that I'd have to store the hard top somewhere while the soft top was on - duh! About the only place I would have would be out in the yard, which probably wouldn't be so great for it. Sounds like it might be best to just leave the hard top on.

I live in Colorado, so I don't know if it would be feasible sending it to Florida. I would imagine the shipping fees would be rather expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.