Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a big deal to remove the swaybar from a stock cjs suspension?? I have also noticed that i have not seen any soa with a swaybar?? How does this work on the road for sway?? when u use a soa u are about 6" higher than stock. or is it becase the springs are above the axles they will not sway??
thanks
84 cj7

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
i've tried the sway-bar disconnects and other fixes, but the best thing i have found is to just use rs9000 shocks in the front and run them a little stiff on the road, loose on the trail.....and junk the sway-bar...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the reason that you see sway bars goin bye bye is because after a while you get tired of diconnectin them at the trail head. they do help when you soa but are still of no value on the trail so most live without them.

dan

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.giflet it snow/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My soa 44's in my cj-7 has a MORE reversial kit on. I am using stock 4 cyld wrangler springs, and the front has axle wrap, mostly when braking. After looking at both the Chevy and the Dodge setup, I decided that the sway bar on these rigs are designed to help prevent the axle wrap. I put a front sway bar on from a '84 Rancharger, and used the existing Jeep frame mounts. The other end attaches to the spring plates. What a difference! Axle wrap is controlled, more stability on the interstate, and I didn't notice any difference in articulation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.