Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if the gas lines are clogged and it did not go pass the fuel filter, can i just take the lines off the fuel pump and blow air through them and hope a bunch of junk comes flying out the other end. remember because i ran out ofd gas and now if runs like crap...thanks for your help

I enjoy working on friends four wheel drives but especially my own.

·
Registered
328 Posts
How does it run? If the gas line is partially clogged it should only act up at higher engine speeds. If you have idling problems it's probably trouble at the carb itself. Did you try drawing gas from a can of gas instead of from the tank?

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Didn't somebody mention a while back that there are plces in some carbs that you cannot get water out of unless you blast it out with air?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifOr some such thing...like the water sticks to the little passages and resists the gas./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

·
Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I had an '80 CJ with a big crack in the vent tube on the filler. It
was winter with ice and snow, figured I got some salt and dirt in there. Figured I'd just blow some air
backward through the gas line from the fuel pump, bad idea. The lower part of the tank pickup tube is
made of plastic and broke in the middle. I didn't use a lot of pressure either. I didn't hook up to a 100
psi air supply, I just filled a portable tank to about 20 psi and it still did the damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.