Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be moving to Victorville, CA soon(as soon as 2 weeks). The VP in charge of our cement plant in that region called me and asked if I would be interested in the Production Managers job that is available. I told him hell yes, I'd love to be Production manager of the largest cement plant in the US(10000 tons/day). I will be going to Victorville later next week to talk about the position. If I get the position I'd love to meet up with some of you guys to wheel with.

2001 TJ, Far from Stock
83 CJ7 Laredo, Nearly Stock

G

·
I put the Wal-Mart in Victorville back in 1990, before I became a jeep freak. Could you use an asst. with a jeep and the need for big rocks!

Have fun, once you see the mountains and rocks ya won't want to leave!!

Steve

83 CJ-7/chevy 350/44-20 with lockers/4"lift/33x12.5 swampers on hellcats/9500 ramsey. I'm in LOVE!

·
Registered
328 Posts
There won't be any mud hole to go play in... Just nice hard rock to climb over. I got a 4 wheelin buddy that lives in that area.

78 CJ7 304V8,TH400,Dana 300 Twin stick,Custom HD-WT AMC20 detroit locker 4:10,D30 ez-locker 4:10,Built NOT Bought.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Victorville, the gateway to the Hammers. man you wiull be living 30 miles away from the Rock Crawling Mecca.
I go out there several times a year, or more(depending on where Im living and working), Id be glad to hook with ya.
Ill be out there Mar 7th thru 10th for a Competition.

Jeff
89 YJ
(sensibly altered for occasional off road use)
Vision without Action, is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare.

·
Registered
913 Posts
you'll love it! I love it... except the people.. too many of them. Oh, and the traffic sucks.. Immigration sucks.. Basically everything having to do with people sucks in california.. But the trails are good, even though I've yet to do any.. hehe.

=-Ben
94 ZJ - Work Commuter.
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys kit, XTerrains 33"S
87 YJ - 5" of lift33BFG's on the way. ARB snorkel. Borla Header.
48 CJ2A - DOA.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replys everyone. I have already spent alot of time in Victorville, both in summer and winter so I realize the weather situation. I like no humidity, and especially the wheeling!!!

H8Monday - My rigs are not nearly as evolved as yours, but I would like to wheel sometime. I am going to have to take the weber off of my CJ though :(. I just got it running good, but I am going to have to change my rig set-up to match the terrain anyways. Now I have an excuse to ditch the limited slip in the rear of the TJ and go with a full case locker to match the front I have, and to get a 4:1 kit, and .........

2001 TJ, Far from Stock
83 CJ7 Laredo, Nearly Stock

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
even if you do have to take the weber off to get it inspected and to pass California emissions, you can put it back on afterwards /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif, just keep the carter handy for the inspection once a year.....

http://bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif The emissions merry-go-round is a HUGE problem. We bought a CJ that had been outa state and had been stripped of every known emmission control device. In order to register in CA we had to hunt down, fabricate, trade for, buy, substitute, and wrangle a crapload of stuff, including an intake manifold and carb for the 304. No sooner did we get it all piled on the engine but we escaped CA and ended up living in SE Iowa where emissions are not such a big deal./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif There is a guy in central CA whose BUSINESS is renting Volkswagen engines to people who need to take a smog test. He has a row of engines in his shop that are typical for every year bug, and are totally complete in every way. I've often thought about how nice that system would be for Jeeps. I have smog diagrams and fake emission spec labels for the AMC V8 in case you need one./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

CJDave
A moonguy-operated Jeep Skunkworks in the "Heartland".

G

·
You'll have to get me some contact info when you get settled. We hit the hammers on a regular basis.

You most likely want to hook up with the Victor Valley 4-Wheelers there in Victorville, I had a bunch of their #'s, but my hard drive crashed and burned last week.

There are qute a few trails just up the hill from V-ville in Big Bear. Most of them rate a big yawn, but A few of them can be sorta interesting. I don't hit it much cause if I'm gonna drive 3 hours I might as well hit the Hammers, but seeing as you'll be at the base of the mountain you might consider it.

Don't sweat the weber, you're gonna want fuel injection soon anyway. The steep stuff will soon convince you.

September 11, 2001- We will not forget! We will not forgive!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts