Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Re: Smokin\'

Have you checked the mixture screw? I have seen where they can be issues of either getting dirty or vibrating loose. What is your compression and leakdown test results? It seems to me beings as it is intermittent, that you could have a sticky ring that gets planted and stays for a while. I would go through the carbs and if you do not find anything, pull the lid off and check the rings.

Just my $.02

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

I run 25:1 approximately in my 94 banshee 350...it treats me well and i use yamalube R. I have had great luck with it...also the motor has been ported and polished...I dont think 32:1 would be a bad number scheme...

AirBorn!!

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away! Long Live the ORV!!!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

My rear on mine loosens up a little on me too. I tighten it up after every ride and then cover it with tape again...It it does get old though....but would rather do that then replace the carrier bearings on the back...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

It has a zerk already there and it is lubed every ride. On the Durablue I have there is no lock on the nut so when you pound it and really get on it hard it loosens up... I just took the bearings out and checked them about 3 weeks ago and they are all tight and look very good still. I am not worried about that part at all...it is being taken care of very well...just gets tiring sometimes hehe

AirBorn!!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

Well, that was VERY well done man...and very easy to understand. However, I will pay the price of yamalube myself. I also will keep running at 25:1 or so....It seems to run best at that ratio...anyway...just wanted to tell ya great job on the research!!!

AirBorn!!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.