Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apparently it is not to difficult to pop the lock on an 84 bronco? some *@&*$#&*!**$(@#*((!(!( decided to get into my truck, steal my brand new pioneer cd player, case of 70+ cd's, zoom canon camera, and everything else i keep 'safely in my console. anyone got any methods for making a shield to prevent the 'slim jimming'? for now keep locked in my back yard, as the street right infront of my house is apparntly not safe, and next time i see those ghetto thug pieces of [censored] that visit that bitch accross the street, i may be taking a trip out there with a bat..

very pissed off bronco owner missign irreplaceble cd collection.

"MUD BUCKET" 1984 bronco, 88 302, 32x11.5 , a true ******* in the riceboy heartland of north jersey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
o, and not to forget that the camera was full of film from mud bogging my bronco..

"MUD BUCKET" 1984 bronco, 88 302, 32x11.5 , a true ******* in the riceboy heartland of north jersey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just so you know a slim jim is not the only way to get into a bronco. Those little triangle windows can be opened with special tools that come in a slim jim kit. You just slide the tools past the rubber and you can get the locking latch to unlock and pivot upwards. Sorry to hear about your truck.

Scott

86 Bronco 4.11's, rear lockrite, front true-trac, custom front prerunner bumper with a 8000lb WARN

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
if it's just in front of your house that you're worried about just get a really loud alarm...i hate the things but it sounds like you need one. remember, if somebody really wants in they can always just break the window...maybe you need to move out to the country where that crap doesn't happen.

It's a multi-purpose passenger vehicle and it eats SUVs for breakfast...get it straight!

Muddybronco

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya know how you feel. Ive been broken into a few times and have lost some cds and a camera. I was thinking of getting one of those Tuffy consoles for the middle thats solid steel and not plastic. Lets see them get into that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd give the baseball bat idea a second thought the way things usuallt go either the punks will have a gun or it will be you that goes to JAIL.In either case it's just not worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all very good points. just needed to vent a little, as even the cops are like, what do u leave stuff in your truck for. as soon as i am done with school, the country is where i am moving.

what do u think, full unbreakable plexiglass windows, and shave the door handles so the doors cant be opened if they pop the lock? ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah and then whenever you roll over and are unconcious the rescuers can't help you out!

Give it a second thought, but great thoughts so far.

1986 bronco with everything being replaced at one time! With not enough cash to fulfill it's expensive tastes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea yea yea ... always with the cynisism ... hehe .. i wouldnt really dump that much money and work into supposed theft proofing it, i would just leave the radio loose so i can bring it in my house, and leave nothign in the truck .. also parking in my backyard whcih is fenced in help. .. but then i have manuever aroudn all those other quality ford vehicles ... u know, the 01 explorer, 93 aerostar, 78 bronco, 70 mustang, 69 mustang ... and ... ghasp ... the 94 dodge and boat ... damn, no wonder i usually dont park back there ;)

Dom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i am sorry for the sarcastic remarks, but i was having a bad day with my bronco.... but ahhhhh, all better. So sorry man.
C'Ya
Tom

1986 bronco with everything being replaced at one time! With not enough cash to fulfill it's expensive tastes.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I live in North Jersey too. We have two problems here. Theifs and Canada geese.
After my shop got broken into twice, I got an alarm. That didn't stop them from trying...it just stopped them from succeeding. I swear the next time I catch one of those crack addicts, I'm gonna kill him, shove a flag of his home country up his a$$ and float him down the Passaic River.
I heard leaving the dead carcass of a Canada goose around works well at keeping them away so it should work well for the theives. LMAO

The trouble with being on top...You always have to look over your shoulder. The best never rest. Fear the FORD thunder!!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I detach the face plate when I'm in rough areas and stow the CD binders above in the overhead console/shelf. If these guys truly are on drugs they won't have the brains to notice the overhead shelf.

Take heart, 10 to 1 these guys hated your CDs and got no enjoyment. I know they'd be mighty disappointed with my dinosaur rock.

Malcolm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea, even if they got 3 bucks a cd they got enough crack for a while. hey MY2ND78, where in north jersey are u from, and do u go wheeling? if ur that nearby, we should go outsometime. looking into a tuffy console now, anyone know agood place to get them? if not, i am gonna reinforce the plastic one with some steel.

dominic

·
Registered
975 Posts
Dom...check your E-Mail. I'm trying to go out the end of the month.

The trouble with being on top...You always have to look over your shoulder. The best never rest. Fear the FORD thunder!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dudley, we have the Tuffy 12.5" Series II console in our 96.
A nice unit!
http://www.tuffyproducts.com/consoles/stereo.html
some have been on e-bay, and a few aftermarket firms carry the Tuffy consoles now, but at not too much of a discount. We bought it directly from Tuffy.
Also, bought the wolo vent wind. lock at Pep Boys for $3.95 last week
http://www.wolo-mfg.com/sec.htm

of course, these are only to slow someone down, the avg creep woill be frustrated and prob just damage the bronco in frustration.
and, we have a security cam set-up..working on an in-vehicle wireless cam unit now (12vdc powered, low draw)

Al

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.