Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new Skyjacker Softride 4" lift on my stock '85 CJ-7. Trouble is, it only lifted it 2.5"! I believe I have the right springs... J40FS, J40RS. So I'm a little disappointed and I don't know what to do. I paid a lot of money for this kit and I think it should at least lift it as advertised when new. Should I use extended shackles to get all of the 4"? I don't know what to do. I emailed Skyjacker but haven't heard back yet. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Give them a call at their tech line,,,318-388-0816.
Hope this helps.
GP'n

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
I just got mine on too. It went 3.5". still bums me out , I don't want it to sag and I also don't have the hardtop on it yet and it's aready low in the back. I'm going an extra inch on rear shackles for this though. Who did you get yours from? Quadrstec f***ed my order all up and I'm still waiting on the right shocks and rear brakeline. Your spring# is the same as mine. Keep in touch since we have the same year and options doing the same springlift at the same time. Let me know what they say.

"No officer I haven't been drinking , Thats just how my Jeep drives"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had the 4inch for about six years now...when I first put it on I was in the same situation. I ended up using longer shackles and a 1inch body lift to fit 35s (&tj flares). I cannot complain too much because I love the ride and it flexes as well as my friends jeeps that have spring overs.

BJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine from 4WD Hardware. I haven't called them yet. I've got a feeling I'm stuck with it. I do like the ride, but I can't believe that I only got 2.5" out of a 4" kit. I guess I have no choice but go with extended shackles. Thanks for the advice so far. I'll keep you posted if anything else interesting happens.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep your receipts!!!! Skyjacker does not back their warranty! I bought a lift from them and one of their lifetime warranty shocks puked all over the floor.
They want the original receipt from 6 years ago. My opinion if its their shock they should back it. THEY WONT!!!! Very unhappy customer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too have the 4" lift and it raised the jeep 3.5 in the rear and about 3 in the front. I used a 1.75" longer shackle in the front and a 1" body lift and all is well. The springs are very flexy and in my opinion are worth the money. Their warranty worked for me, I had to replace an over arched spring and Mickey at Skyjacker was very helpful.
Do you have a lot of added hardware that might make the springs sit a little lower?
The Skyjacker springs are very sensitive to weight and the slightest shift in weight has a large effect. Because of the sensitivity, a sway bar is highly recommended.
Mizu

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put the Skyjacker 4" kit on my 40 and im not happy with the hight either. I had two inch extended shackle lift before I put the springs on. Now, with the 4" springs and stock hight shackles, it doesnt even look like I gained ANY hight whatsoever over the extended shackles. Very unhappy also. I hope Skyjacker will straighten it out for you. Later.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a full 4 inches in the front, a little more in the back. Very happy with the lift.

Just a farmer, who drinks to much coffee.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Did you get the right kit for the motor you have? How much stuff do you have bolted on to your Jeep? Pro-Comp kits check for motor size, winch present, hardtop, etc.

My $0.02 worth.

Hank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts