Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skyjacker 2\" lift on CJ7 - only 1\" difference

I installed a 2 inch lift from Skyjacker on my stock CJ7. I measured the front and back before installing the lift as per their instructions. After I installed the lift and jumper on the Jeep and drove it around the block, I measured again. I only got a 1 inch difference. I don't have a winch, or a hardtop or had doors. I have a stock 258. Any ideas why I would only get a 1 inch increase in height?

I went to Skyjacker's site but could not find a number for tech support, any have the number?

What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks for any help.

[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Skyjacker 2\" lift on CJ7 - only 1\" difference

Maybe they sold you a set of "pre-sagged" springs to keep you from being disappointed in the future /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

· Registered
2,196 Posts

Did you originally have the factory HD spring packs? Something like 6 leafs /front, 7 leafs/rear (or vice-versa). If you did, your Jeep already sat 1" higher than the stock 4/5 leaf setup. This may be why. We put a set of Skyjacker 2" springs in my bosses YJ and got about 2.5" of lift with a hard top and hard doors. Just something to check.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
1999 Dakota 4x4
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifo[[[[o

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Mike, you are probably right. I think I do have the 6/7 spring pack. I'm gonna double check tonite. BTW, they do ride much softer than my stock springs.

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.