Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woman I met has a 93YJ ,her front signal lights work till she puts the headlights on then they stay lit but stop flashing,however the side marker lights still flash weather the headlights are on or not ....any Ideas ?...I believe I asked this before but don't remember the answers.
TIA

Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it

G

·
The turn signal socket may have a bad ground connection or the wrong type bulb installed. If the bulb is right, it's probably the socket. The ground connection tends to corrode inside them. A good parts store or the dealer has a replacement socket that you can get to repair it. Be sure to use some di-electric grease in the bulb sockets to retard the corrosion. Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good and simple enough except......they work fine till the headlights are turned on then they stop flashing but stay lit.but the side marker lights still flash...same thing with the emergency flashers,work till headlights come on then stop ...??I gave the ground thing some thought but they shouldn't work at all with a bad ground or even intermittent . guess I will have to check it out a bit closer.

Learn to let go of what does not serve you ,but forces you to serve it

G

·
I'm willing to bet its the ground. The taillights are grounded though the BODY meaning that the screws that bolt the housing onto the body are the ground. Often the metal brackets inside the housing corrodes causing a bad ground. I had the same problem you are and my mine was just a bad ground. hope it helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.