Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I need new shocks. The stockers are shot. I was wondering what people are running. I've thought about the Rancho 9000, but thats alot of money for features that I probably won't use. Also, how is the durability of Ranch products now? I bought a steering stabilizer back when I was in high school and it turned into a piece of rust in 2 months.
Thanks for the help guys.
Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the Rancho RS5000 on my 95 Path, Have had them for a year and a half now, and there sill working fine, still tight. Much furmer than the stocks.
I believe that they have a lifetime warranty.

Check them out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running bilsteins on my '88 Pathfinder and they're the best shocks i've ever seen. they have a 100,000 mile warranty too. I paid about $70 a piece for them though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought bilsteins for my 83 and love them, definetly worth the money. I paid like $55 a shock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a set of Rancho RS5000`s for 160.00 and the came with a lifetime warranty. The only thing not warranted is the bushings.
I hope it helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running the RS9000's and find them to be all I was expecting and more, not just because you can mount them upside-down like the 5's, but each adjustment on the scale of 1-5 is noticeable so you can set your ride as stiff or as soft as you want, and this is also increased when running a dual shock set-up?
Thumbs up from me!
Good Luck!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But they don't make 9000's for the 720 do they? What's best for the 720, blistens or SSVs?

Bernie
'86 720 "The Stain"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my r-5000s suck total foam. What about edelbrock or do they make them for the 720, I think you can custom order?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts