Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Sirs,

I am working on a project (invention) that will require large shocks with helper springs. I am not familiar with your industry; however, I believe the shocks that typically come on the baja trucks have the most travel, weight capacity, and durability. Can you provide me the name(s) of the best manufacturers in the industry. I need shocks that are capable of 500-4000 lb capacities with maximum travel from 10-40 inches, and maximum shaft sizes and connection points. Please help me if you can!

Thanks, Dale

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a Class 1 Buggy (Top class here in Australia, I have three coil over 2 1/2 Shocks on each back wheel plus modified torsion bar. These are Bilstein but Sway-A-Way (www.swayaway) make good ones as well.

Troy

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi Tbump,

Almost all Class 1 Cars in North America are using the bypass shocks from King or Sway A Way some Bilstien.

BTW, We'd love to get some race coverage from Austrailia. Are their folks that can help?

Patrick J. Chicas

Rubicon Media Group, Inc. - Off-Road.com

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
WeaZle:

An Avalanche Engineering 1/4 elliptical rear suspension for a Jeep Wrangler YJ boasts 40" of travel...maybe he's running that? I sure will be when I get $1250 spare dollars sitting around for a rear suspension!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds as if you are building something other than a race car. I have had custom shocks made for me by Enertrol Inc. These shocks had 36" travel and can handle up to 300 in/sec. They can build up to 6' or more travel with bores up 8". They are heavy and are available with spring assist. You can contact them at 313-595-4500. Let me know if I can help.

Glenn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.